There is a rule that a remake is never as good as its original. Philip Kaufman’s remake, or re-imagining, of the 1956 classic, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, is one of the few exceptions to that rule. As it has come to be expected, Scream Factory is honoring the 1978 version of the film with an out of this world collector’s edition. Check out all the new special features and killer cover art for this August release!
Press Release: The seed is planted…terror grows. On August 2, 2016, the terrifying sci-fi classic Invasion of the Body Snatchers will be presented like never before in a Collector’s Edition Blu-ray from Scream Factory. Featuring a new HD transfer, this release also comes packed with new bonus features, including interviews and audio commentary with cast and crew, and a limited-edition collectible slipcover with newly rendered artwork.
Under cover of darkness, while an unsuspecting city sleeps, an alien life form begins to sow the seeds of unspeakable terror. Donald Sutherland, Brooke Adams, Leonard Nimoy, Veronica Cartwright and Jeff Goldblum star in this shocking, “first-rate suspense thriller” (Newsday).
One by one, the residents of San Francisco are becoming drone-like shadows of their former selves. As the phenomenon spreads, two Department of Health workers, Matthew (Sutherland) and Elizabeth (Adams), uncover the horrifying truth: Mysterious pods are cloning humans — and destroying the originals! The unworldly invasion grows stronger with each passing minute, hurling Matthew and Elizabeth into a desperate race to save not only their own lives, but the future of the entire human race.
- NEW 2K scan of the interpositive
- NEW Star-Crossed in The Invasion – an interview with actress Brooke Adams (9 minutes)
- NEW Leading the Invasion – an interview with actor Art Hindle (25 minutes)
- NEW Re-Creating The Invasion – an interview with writer W.D. Richter (16 minutes)
- NEW Scoring the Invasion an interview with composer Denny Zeitlin (15 minutes)
- NEW Audio Commentary with author/film historian Steve Haberman
- Audio Commentary by director Philip Kaufman
- Re-Visitors From Outer Space, or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Pod – including interviews with director Philip Kaufman, screenwriter W.D. Richter, director of photography Michael Chapman and actors Donald Sutherland and Veronica Cartwright (15 minutes)
- Practical Magic: The Special Effects Pod (4 minutes)
- The Man Behind The Scream: The Sound Effects Pod – an interview with Ben Burtt and sound editor Bonnie Koehler (12 minutes)
- The Invasion Will Be Televised: The Cinematography Pod (5 minutes)
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Radio Spots
- Photo Gallery
- An episode of SCIENCE FICTION THEATRE, Time is Just A Place, based on Jack Finney’s short story. Directed by Jack Arnold.