Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part I makes $139.5 million at the U.S. box office!
Here’s the rundown:
- To put the figures in perspective: its nearest competitor this weekend was Happy Feet 2 (also opening) which made $22 million. Immortals – in its second week – dropped to number three spot with 12.2 million.
- Breaking Dawn – Part I opened to largely negative reviews and scored a 28% average on RottenTomatoes.com.
- Globally the movie made $283.5 million in worldwide tickets sales over the weekend. It is the fifth biggest opening at the U.S. box office of all time.
- The movie cost $110 million to make.
- The Twilight movies have made more than $2 billion globally thus far.
- Only the final Harry Potter movie had a bigger opening weekend this year.